PCOS Challenge shines the light with PCOS Awareness Month
The USA’s PCOS Challenge is the sponsoring organisation for the PCOS Awareness Month of September, and offers supporting resources, information and events.
Our colleagues in Adelaide contributed to this global effort by lighting up the Adelaide Oval in Teal for PCOS on the 25th September.
PCOS Awareness Month of September in 2019 will be our own challenge here in Australia, to see how many landmarks we can splash with teal for PCOS awareness. Think Sydney Harbour Bridge, thinks Uluru, think big!!
The USA’s PCOS Challenge is the sponsoring organisation for PCOS Awareness Month and offers supporting resources, information and events.
The goals and ideals of PCOS Awareness Month, are to:
- increase awareness of, and education about, PCOS among the general public, women, girls, and healthcare professionals;
- improve diagnosis and treatment of the disorder;
- disseminate information on diagnosis and treatment options;
- improve quality of life and outcomes for women and girls with PCOS;
- promote the need for further research, improved treatment and care options, and for a cure for PCOS;
- acknowledge the struggles affecting all women and girls afflicted with PCOS;
- urge medical researchers and healthcare professionals to advance their understanding of PCOS in order to research, diagnose, and provide assistance to women and girls with PCOS;
- encourage countries, states, territories and localities to make PCOS a public health priority.
If you have any ideas about how the CRE can contribute to this challenge next September, please forward to Gillian.